Thursday, June 24, 2010

Everlost


Everlost
Written by Neal Shusterman
Published by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing in 2009
336 pages.
Genre: Supernatural, Sci-Fi.
Summery: Two kids, Allie and Nick both die in the same car accident. They get lost on their way down "the tunnel" and land in Everlost. They are on a quest to find out how to get out. On their way, they meet monsters, The Queen of Snots, and other kids like them.
Response: I liked it even though I was a little hesitant to read it. The characters are great; I really enjoyed them. The plot was faintly predictable, but pretty well done. I wasn't satisfied with the ending until I realized it was part of a trilogy.
Word of Caution: Nothing comes to mind. It's about the afterworld, if you are concerned about preaching false doctrine.

No comments: