Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Young Adult Literature?

Well, if you are going to read this blog, you might as well know why it came to exist. I registered for English 356. I have to read 30 young adult novels in one semester. I have to blog about them. The End.



That's the story of this blog; my story is a little different. I love to read. Love. To. Read. I was homeschooled my whole life. My mother used a method that was founded on literature. More specifically, classic literature. She read to me everyday, and taught me to love the power of words. I explored the world through the pages of books. I devour books like candy. But.....modern young adult novels are pretty foreign to me. But......I'm excited to jump into a new world and taste something a little different.

Welcome aboard. We're going to have quite the adventure.

3 comments:

tracy said...

Yummm! I can't wait to read about this journey! Are you going to have to read Twilight and that whole genre?

Kate said...

No! My teacher hates Twilight. And so do I. I already read the whole worthless series.

tracy said...

Oh good! I really don't think I could make it through those books even if my grade depended upon it. I would be ranting and raving the whole time at the idiocy of the writing, the horrid portrayals of both womanhood and manhood, and the lusty non-sex scenes.