Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Boys' First Book of Radio and Electronics

(No image available)

The Boys' First Book of Radio and Electronics
Written by Alfred P. Morgan
Published by C. Scribner in 1954
About 264 pages.

Genre: How-To, Nonfiction.

Summery: This book is a well-written explanation of basic radio science. The author still holds enough of his inner youth to make the book entertaining for boys. He tells stories and shows how the "new" radio technology can make the world a better place. It is very informative and encourages boys to be creative and try new things.

Response: I still don't really know anything about radio science, but I'm a girl and the book wasn't quite as interesting to me. My brother loved it. I'd say it's definately a boys' book. (Duh. Look at the title.)

Word of Caution: None. The book is out of print, so good luck finding it to buy. I got a copy from the library.

No comments: